241. Circus tigers, although they have been tamed, can _____ attack their trainer.
A. unexpectedly B. deliberately C. reluctantly D. subsequently
242. Stressful environments lead to unhealthy behaviors such as poor eating habits, which _____ increase the risk of heart disease.
A. in turn B. in return C. by chance D. by turns
243. The patients believe that the doctor knows exactly how to put them _____.
A. correct B. perfect C. right D. well
244. They decided to leave the waiter a big _____ because the food and service had been excellent.
A. note B. reward C. tip D. gift
245. And you find that you're not to be _____ with a position of real responsibility.
A. offered B. trusted C. furnished D. retained
246. There was a good _____ of the countryside from the front of the bus.
A. sight B. view C. scene D. scenery
247. In aerospace devices the weight of the necessary power producing equipment is _____.
A. vital B. possible C. capable D. reliable
248. This album is _____ as it was the only one ever signed by the President.
A. unusual B. unique C. rare D. special
249. Trains stop here in order to _____ passengers only.
A. get off B. pick up C. pull up D. pull in
250. He _____ the place where he had been bitten by an insect.
A. snatched B. scratched C. squeezed D. stretched
251. It is not profitable to provide bus services in districts where the population is widely _____.
A. scattered B. dismissed C. separated D. spread
252. There are usually at least two _____ of looking at every question.
A. ways B. directions C. views D. opinions
253. He left in such a hurry that I _____ had time to thank him.
A. almost B. even C. nearly D. scarcely
254. As more and more cars are produced and used, so the _____ from their exhaust-pipes contains an even larger volume of poisonous gas.
A. exposure B. distribution C. expansion D. emission
255. The book seems to have been _____ from various books and articles.
A. pieced together B. taken off C. broken away D. pulled out
256. We had a marvelous holiday: only the last two days were slightly _____ by the weather.
A. damaged B. hurt C. ruined D. spoiled
257. I could tell he was surprised from the _____ on his face.
A. appearance B. view C. sight D. expression
258. I'd like to take _____ of this opportunity to thank you all for your cooperation.
A. profit B. benefit C. advantage D. interests
259. If you ever have the _____ to go abroad to work, you should take it.
A. possibility B. offer C. luck D. chance
260. Scientists think they have _____ in their attempt to find the causes of some major dieases.
A. broken through B. worked out C. fallen out D. got round
261. His test results are not very _____. He does well one week and badly the next.
A. invariable B. consequent C. continuous D. consistent
262. The new safety regulations were agreed on after _____ with the work-force.
A. conference B. participation C. intervention D. consultation
263. The room was so quiet that she could hear the _____ of her heart.
A. hitting B. beating C. tapping D. knocking
264. During World War II Malta managed to _____ most of Italian and German bombers by throwing up an effective anti-aircraft screen.
A. put out B. shut out C. come across D. get across
265. I think we should let Maria go camping with her boyfriend. _____, she's a big girl now.
A.Above all B. After all C. First of all D. For all
266. Jim's close _____ to his brother made people mistake them for one another.
A. confusion B. similarity C. resemblance D. imitation
267. It has been decided that this company has the _____ right to print Mr. Smith's novels.
A.eventual B.versatile C.extensive D.exclusive
268. He has recently _____ chess to provide himself with some relaxation.
A. taken on B. taken up C. held on D. held up
269. What a terrible experience! _____ , you are safe, that's the main thing.
A. Somehow B. Anyhow C. Somewhat D. Anywhere
270. John always tries to _____ people who are useful to him professionally.
A. develop B. provoke C. correspond D. cultivate
241.[答案]A. unexpectedly.[注释]unexpectedly 出乎意料地。例如：He unexpectedly failed to get the job.(他出乎意料没有得到这件工作。)又如：We met each other unexpectedly. (我们不期而遇。)deliberately故意地：I believe the house was deliberately set fire to.(我相信这房子是有人故意放火烧的。)reluctantly 不情愿地，勉强地：She agreed, very reluctantly, to help. (她十分买鸟枪地同意帮忙。) subsequently后来，随后：He escaped from prison but was subsequently recaptured. (他越狱逃跑了，但后来又被抓回来。)
242.[答案]A. in turn。[注释]in turn (插入语)转而，依次，而又：We need revision of estimated sales and this, in turn , will mean revision in production schedule. (我们必须修改预计销量，而这反过来又意为这修订生产计划。)in return 作为报答: I wish I could do something for you in return. (我要是能为你做点事作为报案就好了。)I gave him a present but he gave me nothing in return.(我送给他一份礼物，可他却什么也不给我作为答谢。)by chance (=by accident)偶然地;无意中：I meet him by chance on Fifth Avenue.(我偶然在第5大街上遇到他。)by turns 轮流地，依次：There were twelve of us in the boat and we rowed by turns.(船上有12人，我们轮流划船。)
243.[答案]C. right。[注释]put sth. /sb. right 纠正;治好，使恢复健康：Since man has done so much damage, it is up to man to put the matters right. (既然人类已造成了如此巨大的损害，人类又哲人纠正这种状况。)又如：This medicine will soon put you right. (这药很快会使你恢复健康。)其他3个选择均不能与put 构成习语，故不能入选。本题译文：病人相信医生清楚地知道怎样治好他的病。
244.[答案]C. tip。[注释]tip 本题中意为“小费”。
245.[答案]B. trusted。[注释]trust sb. with sth. 把某事托付给某人：I can't trust him with my car.(我不能把我的车托付给他。)本题译文：你认为不会把真正有责任的工作托付给你。
246.[答案]B. view。[注释]view在本句中意指“看，眺望”，如：It is a large room with a view of the doctor's well-kept garden. (这是一间大房间，从房间里能看到医生精心管理的花园。)本题译文：坐在汽车的前排座位可以清楚地看到乡间的景色。
248.[答案]B. unique。[注释]unique(某一类中)独一无er的。如选unusual(不寻常的，独特的)，虽然也说得过去，但毫无疑问，unique是最佳选择，因为它的后面the only one相呼应。Special专门的，专用的，例如;They went to London on a special train.[他们搭一班专车(或加班车)去伦敦。]rare稀有的，罕见的，如：rare metals(稀有的金属)。Singular单数的。
249.[答案]B. pick up[注释]pick up passages(接运旅客上车。)
pull in(火车)进站;(船)靠岸;pull up停车;get off下车。
250.[答案]B. scratched.[注释]scratch抓，搔。此外，有一常用习语：scratch one's head over sth.对某事迷惑不解，搔头皮。Snatch掠夺;stretch拉长，延伸，撑大;squeeze压榨，挤。
251.[答案]A. scattered.[注释]scattered是scatter的过去分词，也可作形容词用，(=lying in different directions; not situated together, wide apart)分散的，散布在各处的。Separate分开的，spread传播;摊开，dismiss解雇。
252.[答案]A. ways.[注释]two ways of looking at every questions意指“观察每个问题的两个方面”。
253.[答案]D. scarcely.[注释]scarcely(=hardly, not quite, almost not)几乎没有。Scarcely是否定副词，类似的有：hardly, barely, rarely, seldom, little等。研究生入学考试中经常测试这类否定副词的用法。
254.[答案]D. emission.[注释]emission散发物，发射。exposure(to)暴露于：They believe that their health problems are the result of years of exposure to fine cotton dust.(他们认为，他们的健康问题是多年来暴露于棉花粉尘所致。)expansion膨胀，扩大;Heat causes the expansion of gas.本题译文：正如汽车的生产和使用越来越多一样，汽车的排气管的散发物内所含的有毒气体量也在增加。
255.[答案]A. pieced together.
[注释]piece together拼合，拼凑;take off起飞;break away from脱离;pull out拔出;驶出;(车)减速。
256.[答案]D. spoiled.[注释]spoiled使......扫兴: A shower of rain spoiled our day's outing.
258.[答案]C. advantage.[注释]take advantage of(=make use of sth. for one's own benefit)利用：take advantage of my ignorance(利用我的无知)。
259.[答案]D. chance.[注释]chance(偶然的)机会。Have与the(或 a) possibility不能搭配;常用There is a possibility for sb. to do sth.表示客观存在的“可能性”。
260.[答案]A. broken through.[注释]break through(=be successful after overcoming a difficulty)突破;取得重大成果：Scientists hope to break through soon in their fight against heart disease.(科学家希望在与心脏病斗争中很快取得重大成果。)本题译文：科学家认为他们在探索某些重要疾病的病因中已取得重大突破。
261.[答案]D. consistent.[注释]consistent 1)始终如一，前后一致：He is not consistent in his statements.(他的话并不前后一致。) 2)与......一致：The story is not consistent with the facts. What you say is not consistent with what you do.
262.[答案]D. consultation.[注释]consultation商议：hold a consultation with sb. about sth.(与某人商谈某事)。conference讨论会;participation参加，参与;intervention干预，干涉。
263.[答案]B. beating.[注释]beating 此处是动名词，指“(心)跳”：Her heart was beating furiously.
264.[答案]B. shut out.[注释]shut out(=prevent from coming in; block)排除，排斥：They shut out our dust by having double windows.(他们用双层窗户防尘。)put out扑灭;get across越过;使人了解;come across偶然遇到。本题译文：第二次世界大战中，马耳他建立了有效的防空屏障以防止意大利和德国的轰炸机侵入。
265.[答案]B. After all.[注释]after all毕竟。
“for all + 名词”意为“尽管”: For all his wealth, he was unhappy.(尽管他富有，但他并不幸福。)
266.[答案]C. resemblance.[注释]resemblance n. 像(to)。 resemble(vt.)像; She resembles her mother.(=She takes after her mother.)imitation模仿;仿效;confusion混乱，混淆;similarity相似性。
267.[答案]D. exclusive.[注释]exclusive(=reserved to the person(s) concerned)独有的;This bathroom is for the president's exclusive use.eventual最终的;versatile通用的，万用的;extensive广泛的。
268.[答案]B. taken up.[注释]take up开始从事。take on参阅Ⅲ，162,171注释。hold on, hold up参阅Ⅲ，162,171注释。
269.[答案]B. Anyhow.[注释]anyhow(at= any rate; in any case)无论如何，不管怎样。
270.[答案]D. cultivate.[注释]cultivate sb.结识(有地位的人)，培养与......的友谊：He always tries to cultivate rich and famous people.(他总是极力结识有钱的知名人士。)